Staff Selection Commission is an institution that recruits eligible candidates to various posts in ministries, departments, and organizations of the Government of India. SSC is one of the exams that if taken properly sets your path on an accelerated career mode. Through its exam, it provides ample prospects to grow. One of the most popular ones is SSC CHSL. If you are studying to take the exam, then you must take out some time to understand SSC, its establishment, purpose, etc. Furthermore, you must also have an understanding of the CHSL exam. This article is a must-read therefore, make sure that you read the article till the end.
The popularity of SSC has made it necessary for the aspirants to learn about the institution well. From the points below you gain an understanding of what SSC is and what is its purpose. Go through the points thoroughly to have a piece of proper knowledge.
- The Staff Selection Commission, generally known as SSC is an organization that is responsible for recruiting staff for various Ministries and Departments of India.
- On 4 November 1975, the Indian government formed a committee called Subordinate Service Commission which was later renamed as Staff Selection Commission on 26 September 1977.
- The headquarter is found in New Delhi and works under the Department of Personnel & Training.
- The current executive of the Staff Selection Commission is Braj Raj Sharma.
- To fulfill this objective, the Staff Selection Commission arranges exams every year, such as SSC CGL, SSC GD, SSD JHT, SSC CGHL, SSC MST, SSC JE, SSC Stenographer, etc
- Through these exams, aspirants are recruited by different staff in different departments, ministries, and organizations in India.
- SSC is known to conduct exams that are considered to be one of the highly competitive exams in India which are taken by innumerable candidates every year.
- SSC provides one of the most sought-after job opportunities to young candidates across India. Therefore, whoever decides to take the exam must realize that the level of competition for SSC exams is increasing with every year and preparations for the SSC exams should be done beforehand to crack the exam.
- The vacancies are put out by SSC every year as per the necessity and are usually recorded in the thousands which help eligible candidates across India get employed.
The Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam
After you have understood about the SSC and you are preparing for CHSL then go through the points below. CHSL is known as one of the most sought-after exams therefore, it is very popular amongst aspirants. Go through the points entirely to get the background.
- The full form of SSC CHSL is the Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam.
- It is a combined competitive exam for those who have passed higher secondary level examinations.
- The exam is held every year for recruitment in many Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of India.
- Through the SSC CHSL aspirants sit on Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, Lower Division Clerk, and Data Entry Operator posts.
- The Staff Selection Commission chooses and recommends candidates for different posts through a computer-based test, descriptive paper, skill test, or typing test.
Learn about SSC CHSL Cut-Off to figure out the weightage of topics, and marks required to pass the exam.
We hope this article helped you learn about SSC and the SSC CHSL exams. For more interesting articles make sure you keep reading and stay connected.
Related article, SBI Clerk Syllabus for Mains