Marketing an eCommerce store is one of the most challenging things that eCommerce business owners face. According to research, the eCommerce industry will be worth more than $8.1 trillion by 2026. To put things into perspective, the entire US economy is worth 29.3 trillion.
That’s why it’s a lucrative industry to dive into. It has many great opportunities and provides an array of options for businesses to tap into. Thousands of niches and categories of eCommerce make it a very profitable choice. But how do you go about marketing it?
That’s what we’re here to discuss as we look into 5 ways to promote and market an eCommerce store. So, let’s get started.
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is one of the key essentials to market an eCommerce business in 2023. It’s one of the leading marketing tactics to bring a website to the forefront of search engine result pages (SERPs). That’s why there are a few important things to tend to in SEO, such as:
- Keyword Research: It uses tools to uncover valuable keywords, driving targeted traffic.
- On-Page SEO: Optimized product descriptions, Meta tags, and URL structures boost visibility on search engines.
- Off-Page SEO: Building backlinks to enhance the authority and credibility of the eCommerce store.
- Local SEO: Vital for businesses with a local presence or delivery, ensuring local customers find them easily.
Off-page SEO requires outreach and communication with other brands and platforms. Technical aspects of on-page SEO are also fairly straightforward. However, the more important aspect of on-page SEO is the content itself. The keywords are used in the content. The readability and clarity of the content drives engagement.
All of these things are necessary for the SEO of your eCommerce store. These things are quite troublesome and can pose problems for the average writer. Thankfully, these issues can be tackled with content optimization tools. For example, a paraphraser can aid in improving the readability of the text by replacing difficult words with easier synonyms and optimizing sentence structure. This massively improves the on-page SEO and brings more traffic to your e-commerce site.
2. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising
Pay-per-click, also known as “PPC”, happens to be one of the key tactics to catapult an eCommerce business toward success. There are a few ways to use PPC, and some of the most common tactics used by eCommerce stores include:
- Crafting compelling ads with optimal keywords increases visibility and drives targeted traffic;
- Leveraging platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to ensure vast audience reach and engagement opportunities;
- Focusing on reconnecting with previous store visitors/buyers to boost conversion rates;
- And setting and maintaining a suitable budget ensures cost-effective ROI to maximize the impact of paid campaigns.
These are some of the key tactics that you can also employ to push forward with your eCommerce business. Remember, around 92% of advertising experts choose search platforms to advertise eCommerce businesses. So, picking something like Google would be ideal for paid ads.
3. Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is responsible for around 4.4% of all sales in the United States. Whereas 28% of customers discover businesses through social media. That’s why it’s important to create a strategy for social media networks.
Here is a 4-step strategy that you can use for your eCommerce business:
- Select Right Platforms: Picking the right platforms aligns with your audience’s preferences, and that’s why it maximizes your reach and impact.
- Devise a Content Strategy: Creating captivating content builds a genuine connection with your followers and cultivates brand loyalty.
- Focus on Increasing Engagement: Responding to comments can help build a community and also help with brand loyalty as well as creating a two-way conversation.
- Offer Promotions and Giveaways: Exciting contests and special offers generate buzz, boosting both your reach and engagement levels. So, promotions and giveaways are another way to attract audiences on social media.
These four strategies can help you to a following on social media and also establish a viable channel for leads, conversions, and sales. So, try to follow each method in a linear manner to create a proper social media marketing strategy for your business.
4. Email Marketing
Email marketing is another great essential of online marketing—one that is known to build awareness and promote businesses efficiently. Now, it’s important to remember that there are various email marketing tactics.
However, an eCommerce business should focus on a few key essentials, such as:
- Creating a list of ideal subscribers/target customers and growing a community;
- Focus on sharing valuable content through newsletters and other email types;
- Segmenting target customers according to interests, behaviors, or demographics;
- Writing emails to promote and drive sales;
- And using tracking to optimize future campaigns.
This way, you can elevate your business by quite a by as they attract more customers to their business.
5. Affiliate and Referral Marketing
Affiliate marketing is one of the pillars for successful businesses in eCommerce, and it has helped many businesses over the years. Research says that around 16% of all eCommerce sales in the United States are driven by affiliate marketing.
That’s why it’s important to focus on three main essentials of affiliate and referral marketing:
- Setting Up a Program: Initiate an affiliate or referral program to expand your reach and tap into a network of motivated referrers.
- Choosing Partners: Selecting affiliates that resonate with your brand ensures authenticity and holds credibility in the industry.
- Compensation Models: Tailoring commission structures and rewards incentivized affiliates to drive their dedication and promote your products efficiently.
These are the three basics of affiliate marketing that you should focus on. Driving sales is a lot easier with credible affiliates by your side, and focusing on these trio of tactics will help you gain just that.
These are five of the best ways to promote and market your eCommerce store efficiently. Online marketing is all about using various platforms and channels to make the most out of them. And these five strategies will help you do just that. So, focus on the 5 key methods to promote an eCommerce business and elevate your business in the online world.